We love carpets, even today they remain one of the nicest ways to improve the appearance and feel of your home with many added benefits:
- Carpets can provide a neutral foundation to a room or a house which will provide many years of wear and be easy to decorate around. Alternatively, as there are thousands to choose from, they can become the focal point of your interior style with vibrant colours or bold patterns and textures.
- Carpets provide warmth and comfort by retaining the warm air in your room for longer during colder periods. They are a natural thermal insulator and not only will they provide a warm feel to the room and a comfortable place to sit, but they will save energy too.
- Carpets have been proven to improve air quality, unlike hard flooring where the dust sits on the surface to be disturbed by draughts or movement, carpet actually traps dust and pollen in the pile until it is vacuumed up.
- Other benefits include noise reduction in your home by absorbing sound from things like TV’s and stereos and deadening footsteps. This is particularly beneficial in rooms above others and on staircases.
- Carpets are slip resistant but, if anyone did fall, their landing would be cushioned.
- Less wear is placed on joints when you walk on carpets compared to hard floors.
- Carpets are quick and easy to clean at a low cost, with no maintenance beyond regular vacuuming necessary.
There are many different types and styles available from patterned woven products, to soft plain cut piles to textured loop piles and even natural floorings like coir, sisal, seagrass and jute.